Well, you know when you are learning to drive, and everyone tells you 'You only really start learning when you have passed'. Well I have come to realise that really is like everything in life. I have just completed three years of a Law degree, and I got a 2:1. So surely, I should be this fountain of legal knowledge, right? WRONG. Definitely only remember the interesting bits. I certainly would not be any position to give legal advice.
I was SO happy the day I found out I got a 2:1, that was it. The world was my oyster. Mine for the taking. Well, yeah.. So... Still waiting for that magical 100k a year job to come along. (Just kidding, I do not really have delusions that ridiculous).
However all my good mates are struggling in all varies of degree qualification.
My best friend did English and Drama, I think a very sturdy degree, with some great transferable skills. However like me, the rejection letters keep hitting the door mat, on a regular basis.
So I want to know, how to get yourself out there BECAUSE I know I can do the job. How do I make them know this? I do not want to be rejected for being 'too qualified' or not even get any feedback at all.
Universities tell you that they give you all the tools to succeed in life, and get a job.
I do not want a job. I want a career. Something that I can whole-heartedly throw myself in to. Jump in with two feet and don't look back.
So girls and boys, what can make me stand out from the crowd? How do I get them to notice me?
XO Becks
No comments:
Post a Comment