Thursday, 6 September 2012

Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Well, I have been with my boyfriend for YEARS, since secondary school when we were just tiny little teens (I am only 21, and I would do anything to be a teenager again) but moving on. I know him very well and he knows me better. We don't have a rose tinted relationship, we know the worst and best things about each other. However, the worst thing in the world has happened to me.


I have fallen in love with a REALLY nice guy. Yep. Sounds awful. Don't get me wrong, he stands his ground like the next kid and he can be stubborn, get annoyed like the rest of the world. Mostly, he is just really nice. However that leads to everyone thinking I am the prize b*tch. 



Now I am of the belief that the nice guy finishes last, maybe that is a personality flaw on my part. However I think sometimes you just have to fight your way to the top. Now I am not saying that I would trample all over people to get to the top and not care who I hurt, because I do care.

There are times when you have to put yourself first. I don't think I do it enough. I always try to look out for my girls before myself. However up til now, that's been okay. In an academic environment, everyone can do well if they put their mind to it. Now.. Well.. It's all going to change. Not everyone can get that dream job, or promotion. Just one. 

So my moto is 'if you always do what you've always done you will always get what you've always got'. In the case of my boyfriend, if he always helps people to be better and sidelines himself. Is he ever going to reach his goals? Or will people recognise that he is actually this top guy and promote him on that. 

I guess I will just have to wait and see how it pans out for the both of us.. 

What attitude gets you further... 


Do Nice Guys Finish Last?


7 comments:

  1. I definitely don't think nice guys finish last, I have also been with a nice guy for years :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! My family are always telling how nice he is and how lucky I am... He's lucky too aha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are lucky! Hold onto him- he sounds like a keeper! Nice guys are hard to find these days, but when you find them they are prince charming. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to find nice guys. :/ A bit sad but if you have one be together with him as long as you can :)
    and in btw you have a really nice blog, dear. keep up the amazing work and feel free to check out the latest post on my fashionblog as well, if you like. :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I assure you he ain't going anywhere (not if I have anything to do with haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice picture *_* your blog is very good and interesting. follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting post. :) !
    xxx

    http://anastasja-tas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete